Roosevelt University has announced a number of job openings that accept applications from adjuncts.
Use the link provided in each listing to get more information about the position and how to apply.
1. Clinical Practice Instructor, Academic Fellow, Schaumburg. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
2. Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor and Assistant Chair. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
3. Non-Tenure Track Assistant Teaching Professor, Nursing. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
4. Pasquinelli Family Distinguished Chair in Real Estate. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
5. Assistant Teaching Professor, Computer Science. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
6. Clinical Assistant Professor, Hospitality & Tourism Management. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
7. Assistant Teaching Professor Physical Sciences. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
8. Lecturer in Graphic Design. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
9. Lecturer in Multimedia Journalism. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
10. Visiting Assistant Professor of African American History. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
11, Visiting Assistant Professor, Economics. https://jobs.roosevelt.edu/
Watch for additional listings soon.
RAFO is pleased to announce our annual call for Professional Development Mini- Grant Proposals.
If you plan to engage in professional development by workshop, training, conference, or class, and are a full bargaining unit member, the RAFO adjunct faculty union might defray some of your expenses. Former recipients have presented at and attended local and national conferences and developed film projects, for example.
Click here for more information and an application form. Proposals will be reviewed by our professional development committee, and recipients will be notified by email.
Share best practices this spring at the Adjunct-to-Adjunct Virtual Conference
Classroom distractions and challenges were at an unprecedented level this past year and many adjuncts rose to the challenge by leveraging new techniques and strategies to enhance student-centered learning.
Topics of interest to attendees include:
- Mindset and the RU Student
- Managing Student Anxiety/Adjunct Anxiety
- Rethinking Assessment
- Applying Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Building Student Engagement across all Formats
- Hybrid & Remote: The New World of Education
- Building Community
Presenters for the April 8 Conference will:
- Deliver a 45-minute virtual (zoom) session
- Engage with attendees over Q&A and open forum
- Receive certificate and peer recognition
Important Needs to Know for RU Adjunct Faculty Members
* Class format in course finder is still valid.
* Mandatory masking while on campus.
* Submit booster documentation by January 31.
* Negative PCR Test dated no earlier than January 1, 2022
College of Pharmacy by 5 pm January 10, 2022.
Everyone else by 5 pm January 21, 2022
* Proof of positive COVID diagnosis instead of negative test result if you tested positive after October 9.
College of Pharmacy by 5 pm January 10, 2022.
Everyone else by 5 pm January 21, 2022.
* Submit your test result via this link: roosevelt.edu/winter-test-employee
* Submit your booster documentation via this link: roosevelt.edu/vaccine-employee
Make your appointment via this link.
Chicago Campus (AUD 244)
Monday, January 10 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thursday, January 13 – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tuesday, January 18 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Wednesday, January 19 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thursday, January 20 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Regular walk-up testing every Monday and Thursday beginning January 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
As lead negotiator for the 2020-2024 contract, I am pleased to announce that your negotiating team and Roosevelt University have come to an agreement. RAFO is extremely pleased with the final outcome and we believe you will be, too. The University was adamant on 0% for the first year, but as an offset for that 0%, we negotiated a signing bonus of $150 for each bargaining unit member that taught either in Spring 2020 or will teach in the upcoming Fall 2020 semester. That then takes us into the final three years of the contract where adjuncts will receive a 2% increase for each of those years.
As I hope you can see from the above, RAFO worked hard to ensure that you are rewarded for the professionalism and integrity all have shown during these unusual and trying times. We are attaching a copy of the final contract for you to review and eventually ratify. The areas that appear in green are changes that were made to the verbiage in the contract that will support RAFO during the upcoming 4 years. Appendix A reflects the 2% increase for each step in the final three years.
A link with the time will be sent next week for all to join this a zoom meeting, where we can answer your questions about the contract.
In closing, we hope you will be as excited as we are regarding the new contract.
Don Wlodarski and the RAFO team:
Jen Wilson, Joseph Fedorko, Amelia Hicks, Stan Traywick, Mike Pinsoff and Dennis Tucker
Page 2 of 28