Dear Roosevelt Community,
While there are no confirmed cases of Coronavirus at Roosevelt, the safety and wellbeing of our community is our highest priority. We are taking the following steps to give every member of our community the support and resources to continue uninterrupted access to their academic program in whatever manner is necessary.
Steps that we are taking to achieve these objectives are as follows:
- Roosevelt University classes are postponed until Monday, March 23. At that time and until further notice, most classes will be offered online.
- Accommodations will be made for courses/programs that require in-person course work, as those courses/programs are identified.
Residence & Dining Halls
Student & Employee Travel
- No University-sponsored travel by air is permitted. You are responsible for canceling currently scheduled travel and making arrangements for refunds.
- Students and employees currently in and returning from countries with a Level 3 Health Notice must complete 14 days of self-quarantine before returning to campus.
- Roosevelt University is immediately suspending all athletic activities indefinitely. This suspension also pertains to all programs, including spirit squads, eSports and Performing Arts, that were previously offered at Robert Morris University Illinois.
- This suspension covers all intercollegiate athletics programs and related athletics activities, including all competitions, all practices, and all team meetings.
- Teams currently on spring break travel and competing in tournament competitions will return from their trips as scheduled and immediately adhere to the suspension of athletics activities. The Robert Morris men’s volleyball team competing at Trinity Christian College tonight (Thursday, March 12, 2020) will compete in the match and adhere to the suspension of athletics activities following the conclusion of the match.
- Athletics facilities owned, leased or rented by Roosevelt will be closed to students until further notice.
- Effective immediately, any employee who is in a high risk category is strongly encouraged to work from home or adjust their work schedule to reduce contact with others.
- Key offices (campus safety, residence life, physical resources, payroll, information technology, and human resources) will remain fully open.
- Student Offices (all student-facing offices) remain open for visitors with reduced staffing. Each Division head will outline a plan for this with their respective teams.
- All other offices are highly encouraged to work from home.
- An employee who reports that they need to miss work for reasons related to COVID-19 must be excused and the absence reported to Human Resources. No medical or other documentation regarding the absence is required.
Roosevelt’s top priority is the health and safety of our community. We remain committed to communicating the most up to date information as frequently as possible. Please continue to regularly check the COVID-19 response website.
Ali R. Malekzadeh, Ph.D.
President, Roosevelt University
Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs